Customized TO THE REQUIREMENTS
Evonik's VESTAMID® L compounds comprise a large number of different products tailored precisely to the requirements of processors and end users.
The properties of semicrystalline polyamides are determined by the concentration of amide groups in the macromolecule. This is lower in PA 12 than in all other commercially available polyamides, which accounts for its special properties:
- Minimal water absorption: molded parts show almost no dimensional changes with variation in atmospheric humidity.
- Extraordinarily high impact resistance and Charpy notched impact strength, even well below freezing point
- Good to excellent resistance to greases, oils, fuels, hydraulic fluids, and many solvents as well as to salt solutions and other chemicals
- Excellent resistance to stress cracking, even for metal parts encapsulated by injection molding or embedded into the plastic
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Low dry sliding friction coefficient as compared with steel, polybutylene terephthalate, polyacetal, and other materials
- Noise and vibration damping properties
- Excellent resistance to fatigue caused by frequent load change
- Easy processability
Thanks to these properties, the applications of VESTAMID® L range from sophisticated line systems for motor vehicles, through large-volume pipes as are used in crude oil production, core insulation in the cable industry, and catheters in medical technology, to precision injection-molded parts like impellers and control-valve housings in machine and equipment manufacture.
Find the right polymer!
We offer a broad portfolio of products tailored to different requirements.
- unfilled polyamide 12 compounds
- plasticized polyamide 12 compounds
- filled, reinforced, and flame-resistant polyamide 12 compounds, and
- permanently antistatic and electrically conducting polyamide 12 compounds
Compare the properties in our plastics database